A beautiful, simple and elegant, early 20th century original painted pine garden bench attributed to William Woods Of Taplow in Buckinghamshire. In good condition, legs have been spliced and painted to match, which is nearly always the way with wooden benches of this period.
Willam Wood And Son can be traced back to 1850 although the horticultural side of the business didn't start until around 1890. They moved premises to Taplow in Buckinghamshire in 1924 and described themselves as 'Royal Horticulturists and Garden Designers and contractors' George VI being one of their clients.
English circa 1930
H 39" x W 56" x D 21" seat H 17"
Make an enquiry