A rare set of stamped Compton Pottery terracotta scroll pots of the largest size advertised, The Potters Art Guild catalogue from the Watts Gallery archives lists the largest available pots as being 1ft 8ins high.In excellent condition all weathered to a nice patination and all stamped with the Compton Pottery mark and one signed internally by the workman WW.They also have carved stone stands that were made for them when purchased in 1920's as shown.
Provenance; These Compton Pottery scroll pots were purchased for Harewood End, Ross On Wye during refurbishment in the early 20th century. The Estate fell on hard times and was sold to Guys hospital in 1941.The pots at this point were taken with the family to a new home in the Cotswolds and thence by descent. The house at Harewood was demolished in 1959. Then in 2003 the estate and farmhouses were purchased by the Duchy of Cornwall.
English circa 1920
H 20" x W 28" x D 27"
Enquire about this item