An exceptional George III painted pine and composition shop counter, dry scraped back to it's original dark blue painted decoration, the panelled front and sides bearing applied decoration depicting classical scenes. With an open back and later top.
Provenance: Made in 1810 for Mr Hawley's jewellery shop,123 Regent street .W1 where it remained in use until 1918 and then into storage.
H 32 1/2" x W 73" x D 25 1/2"
Enquire about this item