A rare and decorative pair of late 19th century terracotta garden planters by W Meeds and Son of Burgess Hill, Sussex.
William Meeds ( 1835 - 1904 ) and brother Frederick, became partners in a brick making and pottery works in around 1848, Frederick retired around twenty years later, when the company became known as W Meeds and son. Williams youngest son James, took over the business in 1904 and it continued to produce pottery until 1940 when it was closed down for redevelopment.
In very good condition, with chips and nibbles as would be expected and both fully stamped.
English circa 1880
H 10' x W 9" x D 9"
Make an enquiry